Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Long Overdue Update

It looks like Sophie may have found her forever home. She's been on "trial" for almost 2 weeks now. It's a very nice quiet home and Sophie is settling in.

Initially when she went to the new home she had some vomiting. So we had Nancy, the potential owner, take her to our vet because from just a phone call it was hard to determine if anything was wrong with Sophie. The vet gave her a clean bill of health. However just going to the vet proved to be a traumatic experience for Sophie. For five days afterward she wouldn't let Nancy near her. Poor Sophie. I wish her original owner had a clue of just how horribly she traumatized this cat.

Nancy was patient and Sophie started coming around. I think this home will work out. Will post again once I know for sure.

*

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update (and the mail) I am so happy that it looks like Sophie is going to be ok in this new home. Nancy sounds like a great guardian for Sophie. I really hope it works out well for that dear little cat.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Came across your blog while searching for Vets in the Charlotte area. I just moved to the area and I'm probably more particular about what Vet I take my pets to than what physician I go to myself, haha.

    Just wondering if you had any information on this Dr. DeHaan that you took Sophie too? Would love to check him out, as I completely agree with a holistic lifestyle and would love to have my furkids treated by someone who practices that way.

    Thanks so much!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, email me direct at
    mycarolina@carolina.rr.com and I'll tell you about Dr. DeHaan. He's great.

    ReplyDelete